7 October 2015

OUTLINING A NOVEL

Take Off Your Pants-
Outline your books for faster better writing
by Libbie Hawker

Some writers like to write by the seat of their pants while others prefer to be guided through the writing process by using an outline. For me, it’s been the former but that doesn’t mean to say that I haven’t thought about creating an outline to begin with. Having some idea of how I’m going to get from the beginning, across that dark canyon called the middle, to the end would be great.

This led me on a search for books on the subject and I'd like to share with you the book I have found to be the most helpful. As you can see, it's by Libbie Hawker.

Libbie is a writer of historical and literary fiction but in her non-fiction book, 'Take Off Your Pants', she's also skilful in explaining the process of outlining a novel in a systematic way. Consequently, with the outlining method explained in this book, I think that the story you have running around in your head will be unlocked and you'll have a solid base on which to work.

It's an excellent guide for not only experienced writers who want to give outlining a try, but also to those writers just starting out.

Related posts:- Writing A Book-Are you an outliner or a pantster?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment