4 February 2013

The Versatile Blogger Award


I woke this morning to find that The Perfect Plot  has been awarded a Versatile Blogger Award.  I think it's the first award I've ever received in my life so, you can imagine, I'm more than pleased.  The person who was kind enough to award this is Jackie Buxton.  Jackie is an author and blogger with a particularly appealing writing style. You can see Jackie's blog at Agenthood and Submissionville http://jackiebuxton.blogspot.com

These are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
  • Display the award certificate on your website
  • Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
  • Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers (Versatile Blogger)
  • Drop them a comment to tip them off after you've linked them in the post
  • Post 7 interesting things about yourself    

Now to think of seven things about myself that are the slightest bit interesting. Mmm.  I will understand if you nod off while reading this part of my post!
  
  • I’m forever taking photographs even though I’m a ghastly photographer.  But there’s always hope I’ll improve.

  • I'm the world’s worst sailor but have, on occasion, found myself on several ocean voyages, on a sailing ship that took me, in choppy seas, beyond the Heads of Sydney Harbour, on a ship in Milford Sound in New Zealand, and on a speed boat off Brunie Island in Tasmania, heading into the Southern Ocean.  Never marry a man who loves the sea!

  • My sister did our family genealogy and found our 21st great-grandfather is Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland.  And on the right side of the blanket, I might add!

  • I love a glass of chilled white wine at the end of my day, preferably Sauvignon blanc.

Are you still awake?

  • I went to the Sydney Opera House where I lost an ear ring.  After having a jeweller make a replacement, I wore the same set of ear rings again (to the Opera Hous).  Would you believe I came out with just one ear ring a second time?  What's with that place?

  • I always fancied making my own pots so I decided to take a pottery class.  I never realised that I’d hate getting my hands muddy.  I left after the first lesson!

  • I always have my nose in a book.


And now for my enjoyable task of awarding 15 bloggers who, I think, are particularly deserving of this award.

http://www.mkmcclintock.blogspot.com
http://www.judycroome.blogspot.com
http://www.molly-greene.com
http://www.confessionsofacrazyfox.blogspot.com
http://www.mgedwards.com
http://marlamadison.blogspot.com
http://www.mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com
http://www.vintagevonnie.blogspot.com


I didn't quite get to 15 but please do take a peek at these blogs.


Comment moderation is enabled so it will not appear immediately.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Jill! It's an honored just to be nominated :-O and I appreciate your kind words and your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much Jill! I posted the award but it will take me a while to work in the rest...especially thinking up seven things about myself I haven't already posted on the blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Anna. I agree about finding 7 things to write about ones self.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your kind words, Jill and the award is a pleasure!
    I loved your seven facts. The sailing sounds amazingly beautiful, if slightly terrifying to someone who is more than a little wary of the powers of the sea. Cue story of getting stuck out on a windsurf and waving to expert swimmer husband to come and save my life who waved back with equal enthusiasm, turned back to play with the children for a lifetime before the penny dropped and he finally ran Baywatch style to rescue me...Robert the Bruce, eh? Kudos! And I laughed out loud at the pottery. I guess there are some things we're just not meant to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, thanks so much for the Versatile blogger award! :)

    I'm wih you on the sailing - I look at a fish pond and get sea sick!! Luckily my husband, like me prefers the mountains to the seas! :)

    And that story about the earring at the Opera house was interesting - what *is* with that place??? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my pleasure, Judy. You have a great blog.

    The Opera House incident is rather spooky, I think. I may try for a third time if I get that ear ring replaced yet again! Best Wishes Jill

    ReplyDelete

  6. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Jill! I really appreciate it. Coming from a great colleague and excellent writer like you, it means a lot. :-)

    I haven't lost any earrings at the Sydney Opera House but did find the place a bit spooky. I thought I saw a ghost in the bathroom until I noticed it was only my reflection in the oddly placed mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, MG. I agree, those bathrooms at the Sydney Opera House are strange. All concrete and oddly shaped. Dimly lit and spooky. And where I lost one of those earrings. Maybe there is a ghost!

      Delete