Your manuscript (DOC file), complete with images of the author and, perhaps, other titles by that author, is finished and you are ready to upload it onto the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) site for publication as an eBook. So, how do you do this?
Save your manuscript in HTML format
Firstly, you need to save your manuscript(DOC file) again. This time in HTML format.
- (Save as “Web page, filtered”)
- When you do this, an image folder and a parent HTML file will be created.
- You will find your photographs in the image folder and your manuscript in the parent HTML file.
Secondly, in order to upload this image folder and the parent HTML file successfully to Kindle Direct Publishing, you need to send it in a Compressed (zipped) Folder. You do this as follows:-
Create a Compressed (zipped) Folder
- right click a blank area on your desktop
- click New on the menu that appears
- and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder on the next menu
- type a name for the new compressed folder, and then press Enter.
- Your new compressed folder is displayed on your Desktop as a folder icon with a zipper on it.
Uploading your zipped folder onto KDP
Now, all you have to do is drag the image folder and the HTML file containing your manuscript, into the zipped folder. This zipped folder is what you will upload onto the KDP website when you are ready to publish your eBook.